Last week I worked with an amazing group of women and our topic revolved around dreams and desires. I was curious, to know if they were living a life of their dreams. Or did they wish things were different? Had they ever thought about their dreams and desires?
Desire is the key to accelerating health, wealth, and happiness and when our desires are in alignment with our true selves, they can also fuel our purpose.
Research has shown that 8 out of 10 women are dissatisfied with their lives by the time they reach midlife. They can feel totally defeated because they are not where they expected to be. What about you?
- Most people are unsure of their dreams and desires due to fear and doubt, somewhere along the way they often lose sight of them.
One woman in the group told me that many years ago she’d had big dreams for herself as she wanted to pursue a music career. But felt that whenever she tried, it seemed way too challenging and overwhelming. After a while that unpleasant emotion called fear crept in and sucked the life out of her dreams. Shortly after doubt was happy to join the party and constantly reminded her that it was probably for the best. There had been many auditions, rejections and she’d obviously missed her opportunity. She put her dreams to simmer on the back burner, but after a while, decided to abandon them all together. As she was growing older, the light of her dreams faded and they eventually fell by the way side. With a sigh and a look of regret she admitted that she did think about her lost dreams from time to time and wondered what life would have looked like had it all worked out?
- When we give up our dreams and desires and push them under our fears and doubts we usually feel afraid and not good enough to manifest them. Oftentimes, we take the safe route, fearing we might make mistakes. The reality is, fear and doubt are normal, it’s a current of energy that runs through our lives.
- When you can grasp that you are not always successful with the things you do and that you are going to fail sometimes, that’s okay! Failure can make you stronger and push harder toward your desires. Your dreams are always there, hidden, waiting and nudging you from time to time to let you know that they are ready whenever you are.
You’ll never have regrets if you believe in yourself, but you will by doubting yourself.
Some of the women in the group had achieved a few of their dreams and said that there were still some more that they wanted. A couple of others confessed that they had never really paid much attention.
So, I asked each of them to write down one thing that they really wanted in their life?
Finding that inspiring image of the future, the one that energizes your mind and emotions, and waters the seed of possibility that is planted deep within you and is all part of the journey.
- Our brains are designed to keep us safe and they will revert back to those old familiar beliefs or patterns of fear and doubt. Before you know it you’ll quickly feel like you’ll want to let those desires go because fear and doubt remind you they cannot be achieved. That way you will remain safe, comfortable and predictable.
I asked them to imagine what would it feel like living your dream?
With a lot of excitement, we had a vision board party. Lots of laughter as we chatted about everything we wanted to manifest. We cut up magazines and got creative with putting our dreams and desires into picture form. One woman got so excited she told us she could taste her desire already. At the end, it was so much fun seeing everyone’s completed vision boards.
By creating these boards, you are creating how you want to feel and not just the things you want. So, the more your board helps you to focus on how you want to feel, the more you will begin to believe it and soon you’ll watch it come to life.
I invite you all to feel your desires, imagine all possibilities and to have fun. After all, we wouldn’t have been given the ability to dream if there was no way that we could make them come true. So, commit to your dreams, honor them and be willing to fail. Its ok because you are following your heart.
Follow your dreams because:
- You’ve always wanted to
- You’ll experience things that you never could imagine
- You will become an inspiration to those around you (and yourself)
- You will like yourself more
- You’ll give meaning to everything you do
- Your happiness will show on your face
We had such a fun afternoon together and all the women got clarity on what their dreams looked like as they imagined everything on a much deeper level. Life is outward, experiences are created from within. Each woman re-ignited that inner spark. What about you?
As for the woman who wanted to pursue her music? On her way out, she smiled and said “it’s time for me to teach, thank you”.
Please, don’t turn your back on your dreams and desires. Never give up! Remember, you’re never too old and it’s never too late. If you’d like to get started and need a little help, contact me as I’d love to help you!
“As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes and everything has meaning.”
~ Barbara Sher
Diane Morgan works with women who are overwhelmed and torn by the aging process and have a hard time finding themselves and their place in life during and beyond midlife. She is the creator of a powerful transformational program Awaken Your Beauty Inside Out: Fall In Love With The Skin You’re In. This phenomenal program capitalizes on her 20 plus years of experience in the beauty industry and her expertise as a certified Master Empowerment Coach for women.